Sports

British and Australian MotoGP races cancelled


By: Reuters | London |

Published: May 29, 2020 2:51:29 pm


Team Suzuki Ecstar’s Alex Rins in action at the Silverstone circuit. (Source: Reuters)

This year’s British and Australian MotoGP races have been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, organisers said on Friday.

The British Grand Prix was scheduled for Silverstone on August 30 while the Australian round had been due at Phillip Island on October 25.

“We’re saddened to have to announce the cancellation of these iconic events after finding no way through the logistical and operational issues resulting from the pandemic and rearranged calendar,” Carmelo Ezpeleta, chief executive of the commercial rights holder Dorna, said in a statement.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Sports News, download Indian Express App.



Source link

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You may also like

%d bloggers like this: